Blooket (pronounced blue-kit) is a web-based tool that merges the fun of trivia games and the power of education. Blooket advances student learning through a variety of engaging games that help students effectively review and study content while allowing teachers to assess student comprehension.
Educators can utilize Blooket to:
- Review content in a fun, creative way
- Customize activities using unique game modes with a variety of options
- Assess learners individually or in groups
- Analyze student understanding with detailed performance reports
- Assign games as homework
Students can utilize Blooket to:
- Enjoy interacting with content
- Easily access and review class material from anywhere
- Build confidence in their content mastery
- Collaborate with peers using auto-generated grouping
- Earn fun rewards for answering questions and exploring new methods of learning
What do you love about it?
Blooket offers a wide variety of unique game options, including seasonal and special event modes, that appeal to both teachers and students alike. I love that teachers can easily customize a game with their own question set or find and use questions created by other users in Blooket’s Discover database. In addition to the practical attributes, this site also makes everything fun, including the friendly little blocks called Blooks that represent the students as they play the educational games.
How can users access it?
Simply visit Blooket.com and sign up for an account. Once registered, a teacher can create and host a game online. The students then join and complete the game through their own devices using a unique code called a Game ID.
How much does it cost?
Blooket is free.
Amanda Sears is the Technology Integration Specialist for Amherst Exempted Village Schools in Ohio. Her goals are to educate, enrich, and empower students, teachers, and the community with the power of innovative education technology.
Like what you’re reading? Then don’t miss an issue. Subscribe to be notified when the next issue is published.